PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Nov 2012, 23:56
Iver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A mate of mine is in a similar boat - he has been in the pool for months and months with very little communication. It is very stressful for him and his family. As stated before, Qatar Airways recruits its HR department personnel from Somalia. Complete incompetence and no regard for professionalism. Surprising at times that the CEO Al Baker strives for a 5-Star rating for passengers and yet the internal organization he controls would rate roughly 1 star when compared with the Legacy carriers it wishes to supplant.

HR at Qatar is a complete JOKE and they will lose out on adding great and experienced pilots who will instead move on to better careers at EK and the other big UAE carrier that shall forever remain nameless... Quite a shame when you think about it. Disappointing since I have been a big fan of QR in the past and I am a fan of their growing fleet and network. IMO, it really could be a fantastic career if they could improve their internal organization and the treatment of pilots (wishful thinking I guess ...).

Bottom line: pilots seeking jobs in the ME should focus first on EK and the other UAE carrier and then view QR as a desperate back-up plan if the other 2 options do not work out.

The lack of professionalism, communication and transparency displayed by QR with regard to pilot hiring and training is both shocking and disappointing to say the least.

The key point for aspiring Qatar Airways pilots: if QR treat you this poorly BEFORE you are hired (no communication or respect), think about how your job could be AFTER training. Not a good sign.

Last edited by Iver; 30th Nov 2012 at 00:04.