PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheffield City Airport Petition
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 20:57
pug

Received 89 Likes on 53 Posts
The FSB started up the petition, if you think they are in the wrong or naive then I suggest you contact them. Is it possible that they may know more than me or you on the matter, being quite a large organisation and all?

Ive already mentioned one person who approached Peel with an offer.

Last ditch bid to save Sheffield city airport - Local Business - Sheffield Telegraph

Is it in the Sheffield tax payers best interest for the airport to be sold for £1.00 for it to be redeveloped to great benefit of the developer? Are you another one suggesting that airports should turn a profit over night, or that business routes can establish themselves over night? If that were the case then I can think of a number of airports that should be closed by now.

My point. They are petitioning for an independent public enquiry before the runway is dug up. Something that should have been done years ago, particularly as alot of public money was invested in the scheme. I appologise if I'm not being clear, I'm not saying that the airport was/is definately viable, but that there should be an impartial enquiry into the matter. Its very easy for a property developer to prove the operation non viable if they have other (more profitable) ideas for the site.

Last edited by pug; 29th Nov 2012 at 23:04.