PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Hire/Training In Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 19:16
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would expect your licence to come through in 2 - 3 weeks. If it hasn't maybe get a letter from your instructor or a Phonecall might help things along with a school you don't know. Even with a PPL, my guess is that a flying school that doesn't know you is going to want at least a couple of flights before they hire an aircraft, so doing a dual flight might be the pragmatic way to go.

There are many options in Melbourne and I'd be tempted to go near where you will be staying. So, Barwon Heads if you are on the west coast. MOORABBIN in the SE suburbs, Tyabb on the peninsula, Lilydale or Coldstream in the far east suburbs. You might like the novelty of operating out of Essendon too.

MFS are a pretty good bunch, I suspect you got the wrong person. Which makes me wonder if you should as to speak with the CFI about getting a lesson. When I was younger I used to do things like this when I was traveling. I've logged dual hours in many places around Australia as well as several overseas countries. It's fun. But regulation and insurance will conspire to make it difficult to get solo hours on a short term visit.

Last edited by Old Akro; 29th Nov 2012 at 19:17.