PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 13:46
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only check in a bag if I'm going to be away for 6-7 days or longer, if it's 5 days or less I will just take a cabin bag. This is not possible with Wizz anymore as I have to pay 10 euro to get any decent size of cabin bag on there, hence why I tend to use Ryanair more these days. I never take sports equipment and therefore legacy carriers are normally a good amount more expensive to me.

I'd say in my last 20 flights I've taken, they tend to average around 35-45 euro including all charges, some a bit more, some a bit less with the legacy carriers normally double that, my kind of flight usage means that Low cost airlines, in particularly Ryanair, always work out cheaper as I normally book the magic 4-6 weeks ahead when the lowest fares are available.

I used to use Aer Lingus when I went to Warsaw, which cost me just under 85 euro at the very cheapest including the handling fee, which was simply due to the fact that until July this year they had no competition. Thanks to Ryanair now flying to Modlin, it's possible to get flights with EI from around 60 euro. However I've paid for 4 flights with Ryanair since then and the most expensive has been 38 euro and have a range of different times, rather than the same time 7 days a week.