PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Pilot Candidate from US
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 12:11
BadAndy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're anywhere near South Florida, drop me a PM or an email. I'm in Miami and went and got a notary license specifically for this purpose. I can tell you how to do it (yes, legitimately) -- it involves getting the letter of no accidents/incidents from the FAA, your actual logbooks (page you want notarized needs to be signed in front of the notary, as they are notarizing your signature not the actual hours). Some places will accept that. If not, you can go one step further and have the notary's stamp apostiled (certified by the state that the notary is indeed a real, licensed notary). The last step (again, only if necessary) is to either send it off or take it to DC, and the US Dept of State will apostile the state's apostile. Voila, you have a copy of your hours, certified by the Federales.....

It sounds complicated, but it really isn't that hard. And, you may or may not require anything beyond the notary's stamp. For Saudi, I needed the state apostile, but not the Federal one. The Chinese (Shenzhen) required Federal Apostile. I have no idea about Emirates.

Anyways, if you're local to South Florida (MIA-FLL area), I'd be happy to notarize your stuff for you and give you the addresses for the rest of the process (Florida specific). (I don't charge, I just do it because I was sick of my friends getting charged $10 a stamp down here -- however, donations of a cup of coffee while stamping are accepted...)