PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mango SA
Thread: Mango SA
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 11:01
Cue Ball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had to laugh at TT's post he seems oblivious to what's going on in the real world and his last comment just put the cherry on top. It's all about yield at the end of the day, you can fill a plane to the brim but if you sold those tickets for R100 each( extreme example I know) you aint making money. Which brings me to my next point, why are Mango tickets cheaper than the rest. Well simply put Mango is heavily subsidised with no incentive to turn profit. Why was Mango even launched in the first place, the answer is to get rid of competitors, and so far they have succeeded with Velvet Sky and 1time and I guess Comair is next in their sights. I mean which company in the real world ie SAA launches another company( Mango) to compete directly with it. It makes absolutely no sense at all but then again you are dealing with an the government so it doesn't need to make sense I guess. I agree with ghost rider, Mango would never survive without big brother, who in turn would never survive without us tax payers. As for the technical delays being minimal due to well stocked outstations I'm not so sure, don't SAA Technical do the line maintenance for Comair. Is there perhaps favouritism towards SAA and Mango, well that wouldn't surprise me in the least. I'm all for cheap air tickets but to get them at the expense of privately run airlines is just not right. My 2 cents worth.