PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 09:56
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite widespread belief, the old 6 euro charge for credit card was nowhere near the largest one that is going around many airlines for a single flight for instance. With the average Ryanair fare around 50 euro, it only increases to 7 euro. for most people and if you pay with Maestro or Visa Debit it's still 6 euro.

Wizz have been charging 8 euro for a good while now per flight for a credit card fee. This means that all Ryanair fares that are under 100 euro per person per flight will continue to be cheaper than Wizz for a card charge. Debit card will remain identical to Ryanair. They're also now charging for standard cabin bags. True they include the card charge in the price, but they simply upped all fares by 8 euro to compensate.

Also last time I flew with Easyjet for a one way ticket for myself, I remember that I ended up paying something crazy such as 10 euro charge just for using a credit card, plus another 2.5% on top of the cost of the flight. A 50 euro single fare ended up paying over 11 euro surcharge just for one flight for one person.

I'm not trying to justify the increase as I think we'd all like to pay less for our flights, but my point is that this is being blown out of proportion by the media. But what is going to be an increase of roughly a euro or two at most on a flight is something I can live with. Having to join a club to get the lowest fares, or paying for a cabin bag is not something I'd prefer.

Competition Comparison
Fees and charges
list of service fees

Last edited by DublinPole; 29th Nov 2012 at 10:11.