PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turbulent Approach Less Flaps
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 09:04
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no...because as you float along, using your ''normal'' flare technique and not quite touching down,, you panic and push the plane on, but oops, you push too much and you land flat.

the FAA does require minimum flap for jets to reduce noise, but it is a legitimate landing flap setting not some reduced flap setting just out of your head.

if you have never used assymetric thrust, you don't know all the tools you have available.

it seems to me that boeing would publish different crosswind limits for different flap settings if it really made a difference...

my comment is about departing from routine...if you are in the habbit of pulling up just a bit as the ''numbers'' vanish, or the thousand foot marker vanishes beneath you, you may float.

if you are disciplined enough to just fly it on the runway with the reduced flap setting fine...but I"ll bet someone in your company will float a bit more trying for that smooth touchdown..

and of course lord spandex masher is right and I am wrong...why? because he wears spandex and we all know how irritating spandex is