PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying slowly? PLEASE tell us!!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2003, 11:55
eastern wiseguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raw Data wrote

And finally... the "final arbiter in all this" is NOT you. the final responsibility for the safety of the flight rests with the aircraft commander,
of course it is .....my point related to how I managed my airspace..I thought that was clear.I agree there must be times when you are told to do one thing and the next voice tells you something completely different.That frustrates me too(and I suppose I am equally guilty),although telling a guy your heading is hardly a big deal if he susequently changes it to something which fits HIS plans. In my capacity as an approach controller I find my area colleagues attempting to "assist" me by making inbound aircraft fly at inappropriate(for me ) speeds when the first thing I do is lift the speed restriction.That may confuse you guys up there but it is simply a matter of me being able to use a spacing of three miles whilst the area guy is obliged to maintain,for example ten miles. All I ask for here is a little bit of communication...if you want to fly faster ..fine...you may have to take a few more track miles ....if you can fly slower I may well be able to tighten the sequence and if it is all done properly then everyone has the satisfaction of using the system to its' maximum potential.Every little helps no?
All chums again