PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Estimated Cost for Operating a B737-300?
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2012, 04:09
redstep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Estimated Cost for Operating a B737-300?

Hello Everyone,

I have been tasked to conduct a feasibility study on the cost of a domestic freighter operation using a B737-300F.

Since the aircraft of my previous company were wet-leased, I'm quite new to the "own-aircraft" operation. I have already gathered available data I will need (Fuel burn, MTOW, range, etc.) but will need some professional inputs on some of the items that I can't find.

I hope you can indulge me with your knowledge. I know this is just basic info to you guys. This will just be for one 737 flying on domestic routes.

**Edited: This will be an operation based in the Philippines. But please feel free to share your inputs wherever you are. Thanks **

CREW:

1. Minimum crew - I did my research and I've read that this is a 2-crew a/c. Is this correct? So its a pilot and a co-pilot?

2. Are there any minimum requirements on how many set of crew needs to be in place? (ex. 2 sets of crew: 1 on board and 1 on standby)

3. Any estimate on the average salary of the 2 crew? How about training?

MAINTENANCE:

1. Who does line maintenance for 737 locally? I know Lufthansa is rated for this, but are there other options?

2. Are there any available ballpark figures re line maintenance of a 737?

Thanks and I hope to hear your inputs.

Sincerely,

Red

Last edited by redstep; 29th Nov 2012 at 04:13. Reason: Edited to include the country of operation