PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2012, 16:51
p1fel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi mixture, re your last paragraph, I'm begining to feel a little more confident with a prospective plunge into the unknown and I'm sure you are quite correct in what you say.

The agent made a comment, saying ".... blame Windows, but an iMac will not see your Hard Disk Drive" leaving me a little dismayed. He said I would have to get a USB memory stick and transfer files a MAC will recognise, such as .jpg, .doc, .pdf, .mp3 individually. I have video's in mpg4, avi, wmv and I'm hoping that an iMac will play them. I have pdf files in a folder and I'm uncertain if iMac will see the folder.

I've either dragged a file and/or folder from the C Drive to, (what my PC shows as) 'New Volume H:' the USB connected Hard drive. or..
I've clicked on 'Send To' - 'New Volume H:' I haven't used any imaging back up software to back up my C drive onto the H drive, if that makes sense?

As for the work arounds you mentioned in earlier post's, to have Windows work on a Mac, I think that's probably too complicated a task for me.

Last edited by p1fel; 28th Nov 2012 at 17:03.