PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 28th Nov 2012, 15:16
UA405

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Kjnmangaa,
I hope you are enjoying your flying so far, and Tims cuisine, paddy and co. are making your stay in Papa Alfa worthwhile.

Now, i just want to point out a few things that you might not know, the newly checked out F.O's from 43 who were there before you, have just had their loan terms reviewed and received letters from Co op to that effect.
Note, these guys were loaned less what you got by just over a million, to be exact they signed for 5.4 million, they just discover now that their loans were charged interest during the grace period, so now before even they start repayments the sum owed has already shot up to 7.5 million.
Their new repayments will migrate from 99k to 133k, to be payed in 96 months, do the math how much they will have payed back by the time they are done, and who is to say the interest isn't going to gain a few more percentage points in the coming years, pushing the repayments even higher. Now think about your 6.5 million which is slightly more, it is not right for KQ to peddle this money making partnership with co op as sponsorship.
I am not causing panic, i am opening your eyes to what lies ahead. It is unfair and we are not for it.
If they have to give out loans, why not do it HELB style (for those of us who benefited from this noble scheme) since you will repay it anyway, let them pay the flying fees to the school and tuition for groundschool and PPL exams, and you control the rest, your upkeep, accomodation and even some equipment, i am pretty sure you will save loads, and in the end you get to know exactly how much you spent.
FYI, once you check out you have to get a car loan, because KQ does not pick pilots for work, and you are not allowed in PSV's in uniform, so another loan will be a necessary evil to you Kjnmangaa.
I gain nothing by discouraging guyz from the wonderful opportunity of sitting in a Jet flight deck, but i am asking you guyz help us help you to get what you truly deserve.
I benefited tremendously from the earlier Ab initio courses, when we used to pay only half of what you spent and no interest charged, why not the people who come after me, worst case scenario let them pay for only money spent.

I have no reason spending time on PPRUNE lobbying for something like this, and yet i have to operate a flight early tommorrow morning, i do not want slaves in my flight deck, i want strong opinionated individuals flying as my First Officers.

All the best and happy landings.

Blue side up Always