PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Nov 2012, 10:21
RK303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Disagreeable

Yeah really,
and definately not as much as paying for a jet type rating with NO realistic chance of getting a job from it.
Dont know where you came from, but thats how most of aviation did it prior to the "X generation" who believe that everything is owed to them because they have a rating.
I wish it work like that FOR EVERYONE in the world…but yeah maybe the “X generation” has change the rules.

Maybe I’m wrong but you sounds a north American? Only for Canada or maybe Usa, I do agree on
single engine --> twin engine piston --> twin engine turbine(RPT)--> jet job)
(Of course we have to say that IF you’re not a Canadian or American citizen, I believe that it doesn’t really apply to you huum??). In this case, I hope you’re not 28 years old with 3 kids!!! And you’ll need to allocate 10 to 20 years of your life to land a jet job if it's what you want…

Otherwise, for those outside America who finally decided to start their carreer somewhere in the world on a Cessna or something for 500$/month and no money in their pockets, remember this thread when you hit 1000/1500h and come to debate!