PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Auric Air
Thread: Auric Air
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2003, 09:21
petesevenseven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dodgy Operators!!!

In reply to fritztheafrican and Yabon.

fritztheafrican I'm realy sorry to hear about your mate over in Mwanza!!! Mwanza in Tanzania is a really notorious place for Dodgy operators there are 2 or 3 of them there and Auric Air is one of them and it is run by a nasty indian fellow who doesn't have many friends. I used to work just across the lake flying out of Entebbe and I used to bump into guys working for that guy who would always complain infact one of our first officers who used to work for him resigned because he wouldn't pay him any of the night stop allowances he owed as well as salary!!! Your mate should just walk away, nothing will happen, that guy can't do very much and your mate shouldn't feel threatend by him at all, because he is a dodgy operator and he knows it and so does everyone else!!!

As for Yabon Dude East Africa is a cool place to fly, as long as you get the right job with the right company. There are many operators, but few of them are really good to work for, most of them skipp on maintenance and proper SOP's and most importantly your pay!!! I wouldn't want to put you off going there to fly but you must get a job flying for a good well run establishment. Auric Air, and a couple of other companys out of mwanza tanzania are certainly not the kind of operators you need to be flying for!!!

I hope that helps guys!!!