PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2012, 08:37
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uhm, spoken down and patronised somewhat by an agent.
Sorry to hear that, but I wouldn't let you put that off. Hopefully an isolated incident (although I don't have any experience of the Trafford Centre outlet, I've seen the shopping centre itself on telly and it looks ghastly.....).

However something that did come out was, all I've backed up on an external hard drive from my Windows PC will not be recognised by an iMac machine.
How did you create that backup on your PC ?

another issue of concern moving form PC to Mac.
Nonsense. Macs can read files created on PCs.... I do it the whole time at work. My work desktop is a Mac, my work laptop is a Mac... except for one, my colleagues, suppliers and customers use PCs. If you've got some files created by proprietary Windows software then you can use VMWare/Parallels on the Mac for that. But otherwise, most stuff can just be read natively on the Mac.

But in the end, its your personal decision... nobody here wants to force you to own a mac. But then Windows 8 has probably brought quite a few changes that will take some getting used to if you've come from a world of Windows XP. So you'll be in a bit of a Catch 22. Personally, I reckon' in the long term you'll buy a mac and look back in ten years time and wonder what all the fuss you were making was about.

Last edited by mixture; 28th Nov 2012 at 08:44.