PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Nov 2012, 08:29
Narrow Runway

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not quite true

"- finding a GA job is a bit the same with no type rating. I have found many offers, always for type rated guys (Hawker 800-900, Falcon 2000, Citation Excel, GV, ...etc). None of the offers I read look for untype rated guys.
And if you luckily find a GA job, it would certainly be for a ****ty roster, or/and a ****ty salary."

Not quite true. I am in GA/Private Ops.

I was an FO on B757, then A320, then A330 and finally A340 before I gained Command on A320.

I responded to an advert on FlightGlobal for a Global Express Captain and got hired.

I didn't even know the first thing about a Global Express.

Crappy roster? No. 2 weeks on/off.

Crappy pay? No. Basic could be a little higher, but generous guaranteed number of per diems per month and every weekend at home, plus annual bonus, amazing company pension and company credit card make up for any gripes about basic salary.

Could I go back to airlines? Not unless I had to, but I could if I wish.

Could I get a job in GA from the airlines without the rating! Well, I already proved I have.

Don't generalise to much, and don't damn everyone and everything just for the hell of it.