PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Hold Pool (FO's)
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2012, 07:57
Kernow 101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Mauus,

I believe myself and a few others were the first in the pool from mid Feb of this year. By the time they finished interviewing FO's, which I believe was around end June or beginning July, there were 150 in the pool (I do not know this for sure, but only from word of mouth). So far, there have only been 2 courses allocated (Jan & Feb courses. don't know how many per course, but it will not have dented the pool much). Also, they are putting DEC in the hold pool at the moment for next years requirements.

In your current situation of having not attended the selection yet, you could be realistically at least 9 months off a job offer (start date) with EK if you went for selection in the New Year.

I was in a similar situation when I was in the hold pool (after being successful at selection) and then had the oppurtunity for the LHS with my current outfit. I went for it, and I suggest you do exactly the same and waste no time doing it. You never know when another oppurtunity for the LHS will come up and at the moment that is a REAL option for you, whereas until you sign the contract with EK that is something which is not a reality yet.

In the meantime continue with the EK proceedure and good luck. Hope to see you out there

Ps. Now I know I can pass a command course, and the experience and confidence it gave me was invaluable