PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Nov 2012, 07:35
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once again, I think your missing the point.

I never said dont come, I said dont come if you have other options; I also stated its a mess here and you will put up with ALOT of crap if you come as a NTR FTSO/SO if you choose to come, especially under the new contract then you may be a little more aware of the treatment.

If they offer you a solid DOJ then take it if you are informed and have nothing else on offer!

I also said training is extremely slow for FTSO/SO's and your "poor" no money thing will be basically the same while you waste lots of time for QR to train you, if they ever do.

Also, I am telling you like it is. If you dont like it then frankly i dont care. Your rose coloured glasses will see what they want to see.

But for those with an open enough mind, they will read what I say and accept that they will come here and experience much frustration and delays, no communication, rules that change and you dont get told about them and many other issues that you, in your situations dont want to believe will effect you.

Now, you can just keep posting stupid theories about how they select people from hold pools etc or you can listen tou a few here that clearly are passing on knowledge from the inside.

Keep looking for other jobs, keep applying for other jobs, keep physically turning up to G.A/RPT operators and talking with them and asking if you can start at the bottom and work your way up.

It seems to me that its all the cry here is that NTR/low time pilots or both, cant get that Hawker jet job! LOL .... try getting a piston/ turboprop job first .... anything... it does not have to be on a jet!

You say you want to work hard for QR, well prove it by working hard for another company and doing the "G.A has a ****ty roster" thing (as Sqn012 said).
You think the roster at QR is cherry pie? Geez man, come on.

If you have not put the effort in like thousands of pilots before you in a "tough" era/economy then dont tell me I have the problem.

If you knock back other employment while you wait for QR, then its YOUR choice. You have been warned they dont communicate and they dont give a about you; proof being they just let you sit around and waste your life.
If you choose that option of waiting then dont tell me again that I have the problem.

Yes economy is bad, but if you dont try then thats your issue not mine.
I succeeded, like many others, doing it the same way I am telling you too so it can be done; And yes I did it all through the "bad economic crashes" as well.

Just dont cruicify me for giving you the truth. I dont lie to you and I hopefully would like to think I actually help some of you by opening your eyes and giving you a shake.

Re-read my posts, yes some of them are negative as I am still a human and still fallible to emotion, but you will find they hold true.

Dont mean to be harsh so take it with kindness

Last edited by disagreeable; 28th Nov 2012 at 07:43.