PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 28th Nov 2012, 06:42
sqn012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
disagreeable,

I think we have understood your comments on how QR is bad for us, thank you.

The current market is really ****ty, and QR, like many other eastern airlines, take advantage of this situation. That's how business is.

Let me present you my point of view for somebody who has no valid type rating (like a vast majority of the swimmers now) :

- finding a job in an airline is almost impossible. No airline are hiring untype rated guys at the moment (except QR...)

- finding a GA job is a bit the same with no type rating. I have found many offers, always for type rated guys (Hawker 800-900, Falcon 2000, Citation Excel, GV, ...etc). None of the offers I read look for untype rated guys.
And if you luckily find a GA job, it would certainly be for a ****ty roster, or/and a ****ty salary.

- Finding a non-aviation job ? It depends on what you are able to accept. I mean if you are 28, single, easy to find at 1000-2000 a month in order to "survive". But if you have a family (3 kids), do you really think it is that easy to get a decent job at 3000-4000 without any experience ? not really.

The current situation is really bad for pilots. In other jobs, you can generally find something if you relocate somwhere in Europe. But in aviation, the network is worldwide and inter-connected.

Aviation has always been versatile. 1991 (GW1), 2001 (9-11), and 2008.
I remember in 1991+, guys were sitting on their back waiting for a DOJ as well for years in France. They finally got called (1995-1996).

But today, I'm not sure if the economy will ever recover in the near future. It is a deep and structural crisis which reflects how extreme capitalism can damage the world.

Many reasons for that. middle eastern countries and far eastern become the leaders. Western countries start to decline. Makes sense. In those countries, social benefits are close to 0, taxes are very low and there is a huge reservoir of cheap manpower in the world.

For western countries, there is undoubtedly a pauperization of the human conditions. The future is not shinny.

So what ?

With what I said above, QR is the best (the less bad) option. And I eager to move to Doha and WORK !!!

Disagreeable, I guess you fly for QR, otherwise you won't tell so many critics about QR. Now imagine if you had no job, no salary, no money in the back and no type rating + a family. What would you do ? still criticizing ? for sure not.

There are 2 types of guys :

- those with type rating and experience
- those without type rating

The 1st group can find easily a job anywhere in the eastern direction, and the second is struggling to get something. That's how the current situation is.

Thank for being more objective.