PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 27th Nov 2012, 22:58
UA405

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ captain Ben,
are you not contradicting yourself just a little, when you say passionate wannabe's like you do not care about the pay, then you go on and say it is attractive to make a career out of flying because its alluring and rewarding, catch word here is reward, in employment terms it is ''PAY''.
Anyhow by all means give the career your best shot, but i am just against how cheated the new ab initios are with regards to this loans, all i am trying to bring to your attention is you are the ones to pay back these monies, so there should be some level of flexibility with regards to expenditure down south, or else they make it as it were before, a real scholarship where you only pay what was loaned and no interest.

The programme used to be full sponsorship with no repayent, then it was pay half, then it was paying full amount loan with no interest, then it became a loan that had a capped interest, now it is a commercial loan with variable rates,
what next? go through the interview and pay for your own training, then after that? interview, pay for your own training and pay to fly for KQ, coz that is where we are headed gentlemen.
They managed to get the cabincrew to pay for their training and pay to get in, and it eroded the terms of their employment, and the ones deemed expensive fired, you think it will never happen to pilots? think again, with all the desperation i sense here, it is coming pretty soon.

Enjoy the psych. test