PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 27th Nov 2012, 22:36
UA405

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point of correction, at no point did i volunteer salary info. for KQ pilots, i used 100k as a ball park figure since that is what my friend Bolt initially said he wouldn't mind earning, only info i volunteered was the amount guyz are being deducted.
No. 2 i haven't discouraged anyone from going through the process, i just said challenge the management on the loan expenditure before signing the dotted line, since it is you who will pay for it.
One poster has indicated that securing the 5.4 million isn't easy and that is why when it is secured under your name do you not have reason to be prudent and try to spend as little as is possible of it so you are not overburdened by the time you start work as a new F.O
It's interesting you bring up a 737 F.O's salary, you said it was 300k, was it, then you fall into the 30 pcnt tax bracket, so minus 90k, you remain with 210, is it, then a loan repayment of 130K, now you have what, 80k is it, and oh you still have your car loan to think of and Union obligations.
I didn;t undermine your age, i said you were young and as it were no real responsibilities, and they creep up with time, and a pilot job is not some corporate job where you will scale the corporate ladder with ever increasing salaries.