PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Nov 2012, 20:18
geronimoapache

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone sent you a generic e-mail saying “congrats and wait"
RK303, unfortunately, we are not talking just about some generic messages, but about actual Offers of employement, with all the specifics, signed, sent back and accepted by QR. You have to agree with me that it is a very different thing. There is no way one can find an excuse for that.

I dont believe that anybody can seriously suggest, yeah, accept/sign a couple of offers and then just show up for whoever calls first with a DoJ... If I would look away from the ethical aspect of such a behaviour, from the practical perspective, it would not be a very wise move to bar in such a way potential employers in the future neither, would it...

But the root of the problem, in my opinion, does not lie in the fact that we still dont know the actual DoJ. I am aware that we work in an industry where things change fast with a lot of uncertainties, there are furloughs, layoffs, bankrupties, and so on, thats part of the game. The problem lies in the lack of information, it is that simple.

How different would it be for everyone to receive a mail saying: Gentleman, we aologise for the delay. We want you at our company, there is a position waiting for you, but due to late deliveries, pls give us a few more months. The situation is such and such. There is some 400 pilots selected, the time frame can span from this to this date, but you will be working by next summer at the latest if you can wait that long. We will do our best to accomodate your needs should you find a temporary job to span this period, because we understand that you have to feed the family.

And then a short mail every month, saying, yes, we are still here, and we still want you...
Am I pushing it? Maybe, but it would be polite...