PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I WANT TO BE A PILOT? (PLEASE READ) HELP?!!?
Old 27th Nov 2012, 14:58
Stall Inducer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd suggest you get yourself to the next 'Flyer' Flight Training Exhibition. The next one is in Dublin on the 6th April & there's one in London on 20th April. Keep a look out in 'Flyer' magazine for details or just google it. You will get to meet various flight training providers as well as current airline Pilots & reps from the airlines. I think there's also various seminars as well. You'll be able to ask all the questions you have & come back well informed on the different routes there are to becoming a Pilot.
As for the log book entries they probably refer to manoever or skill exercise numbers. Each manoevre normally has an excercise number so next time you go back your instructor will know what you covered in your previous lesson. This ensures that you don't end up repeating or skipping exercises required. Your flying club should have a list exercise numbers & manoevers. Eg straight & level flight might be ex1, Circuits might be ex2 & so on, so you may do several excercises in one lesson.
Good luck