PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 27th Nov 2012, 13:00
RK303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, imagine that the current thruth scenario is that QR changed his mind regarding his “talent pool” now trying to discourage you politely?Maybe It won’t be nice if many more other Shaggy330 appears here…But guys, really it is not the fault of QR if you declined other job opportunities but only yours.

I think that in 2012 QR already hired the people they need including NTSO, FTSO, FO. The guys who joined have been interviewed in the same period of time as you. Most of them are already in Doha, the rest approaching their DOJ already set. Accept the reality. You wait for 2013? you’re playing the lottery…you may win who knows
if you know a job where i can fly for food or even for nothing at all - just LETTING me fly - i dont care if its a small single engine piston and i live in a tent, as long as i can fly - send me a pm, i will relocate (im currently planning for going after bush flying, but even there, most of the companies are not hiring currently).
im flying solo since im 14, its what i want to do for a living.
Come on Tritzo, respect yourself…You better insult any guy who give you this kind of job offer. Is flying a small machine more important than your dignity? If you guys had a brain to get your JAA licence you probably have a good one to get another decent job especially if you’re a young chap because after that it will be too late for you.
My lord, I would have never thought that I could walk out of flight school and get a Jet rating and get a job! YOU HAVE TO BUST YOUR BUTT and work for ****ty employers, or doing freight runs in piston aircraft, instructing or even other airwork like parachute dropping etc.
Come on… if your goal is to be a jet airline pilot flying in G.A won’t give you a damn thing. Even with 5000h of piston, your value is zero for the “jet world”. Go for it only if you love G.A because high chance is you’ll be stuck in.
Only if you’re full of money to upgrade yourself during this time may help you or you know a key person of the “jet world” close to you or you’re a national of a country with lack of suitable locals or you manage to enter a ab-initio programme. Otherwise you’re loosing your time I’m afraid.

Last edited by RK303; 27th Nov 2012 at 13:03.