PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Engineering redundances - Advice required!!!
Old 27th Nov 2012, 02:23
Pterois Volitans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that “last in first out” is stated in the current procedure. It is taken from your date joining the company NOT from the date in your current section. This is a flawed process!

Because of this there will be people that recently got transferred over from EOC were they were employed as painters/welders/cleaners etc. Following their “up-skilling program (and I use the word loosely) there will now be less likely to be selected for CR.

Why should they have a better chance of surviving the CR,over someone who has served a full apprenticeship, and was selected to work on the aircraft not in workshops. There was a reason they were placed in EOC in the first place.

On another point, why should a person who has only worked for the company for say 8 years, passed his license exams, done internal courses fuel tank/fork lift/ FDO etc, be made to accept CR when someone has sat on their arse for 15 years and done f@#$$ all. There has to be a fairer process?

This is not aimed at the LAME’s as I understand additional type training was and still is selected on which club you belong too or who your father played golf with.
PV

Last edited by Pterois Volitans; 27th Nov 2012 at 02:26.