PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Nov 2012, 16:15
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality Bites

Oh my,

yes there is a hard time in the economy now.
HOWEVER, it is always "hard" in aviation..... why dont you low time pilots actually go and do some work in G.A if you can get it, instead of just thinking that the "industry" owes you a jet job!

My lord, I would have never thought that I could walk out of flight school and get a Jet rating and get a job! YOU HAVE TO BUST YOUR BUTT and work for ****ty employers, or doing freight runs in piston aircraft, instructing or even other airwork like parachute dropping etc.

Also, you have to move around.... i.e RELOCATE! Do it! stop whinging and stop making the qatar airways your golden goose egg. Its just a job. A job thats nice, sure, but it always has a cost that you wannabe's dont or cant see.

Airline flying is not like "fun" learning to fly stuff.... yes yes you know that.... yes yes, i know, some of you are have family etc I know. Its hard, BELIEVE ME i know!

Some other posters have hit the home truths in this forum and all I see is posts straight after them completely ignoring the expirence they gave and the fact that they are telling you that its a problem with HR/Recruitment/Training and you all still rub your hands together saying 'still swimming'..... read between the lines, it aint gonna happen quick for most of you!

You think that waiting 12 months is horrible, man, thousands of pilots where I come from wait years to get into a jet. Maybe its just a europe thing to expect a jet straight outa school or with small hours built up? Either way, just go and find the piston experience first and then keep climbing the ladder. The experience you obtain from doing it that way (YES EVEN WHILE YOU WAIT FOR THE GOLDEN GOOSE) may provide you with more confidence and options than you can see right now.

Pilots accept reality, not make believe;
The proof is in the amount of communication QR gives you, the ease of speaking to somebody, the ease of a returned email? I WILL TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, LESS THAN A FEW PERCENT OF PEOPLE EVER GET A REPLY or returned phone call.
Most of you will just be ignored. That really does tell you something about your status.

...... my 2 cents.... and believe me i know.

Good luck.