PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 26th Nov 2012, 13:55
Tritzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
also i have made important decisions based on a positive qr interview. if you are applying somewhere or working somewhere, sometimes you HAVE to note that you currently applied and you are in the process of a another job. lying wont give you the job and if you got the job and they find out, it can have quite some legal trouble. and not like in the middle east, most contracts are kept by word. so something like "dont make big decisions upon this interview" is almost not possible for career starters.

it could be the chance of a lifetime, i know whats coming across me if id join and i am willing to stay for a long time.

if its not happening at all, many of us have to consider other career "opportunities" if you can call it likewise.

but eeerhm right, theres quite a big economical crisis going on around the world and most companies only want experienced people with typeratings. and the small companies? oh yes, there is p2fly, which is not an option. and most other small companies abroad wont hire expats, because governments give them restrictions within their companies. or just because they dont want to.

dont get me wrong, i knew that time could be tough after flight training. but what is happening right now, is not even close to that. all you can do is staying in the industry with dispatching, atc, ramp, legal stuff, management, etc. but for flying - you can only do it privately if you got the money from working ridicolous shifts - and maybe continue gliding every other day you can.

so in the end, its leaving aviation behind with a huge debit and focus forward on something else - if there is really someting to look forward to.

to sum it all up: some of us dont have much of a choice than to gamble (if you can call it that way) for qatar