PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2012, 09:28
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Elephantitis of aviation?

Fantome, I think Mark Lathams "A Conga Line Of Suckholes" would better suit Beaker.

It is unbelievable that Beaker could dribble the below comment:
If we want to go to Professor Reason’s model of investigation—though we think we have come a long way since Professor Reason’s initial work in the 1990s—there is error and there is violation.

What a fool. Reason's work does include error and violation. And in the 'world according to Beaker' we have come a long way since Prof Reason. We have? Am I missing something here? Is there another method of analysis, investigation and safety system methodology being used worldwide with proven success that we in Australia aren't privy to?

CASA promulgate Reason's methods, the ATSB investigators follow his methodology, hell even the CASA Accident Branch Liaison Manager or whatever you want to call him lives, breathes and craps the Reason model, yet Politician Beaker who holds career highlights such as postulating, pondering and spinning has found something better? A career bureaucrat who is skilled in bean counting, turd massaging, philosophizing, has a PHD in tautology, and who has taken a once reputable and respected organisation like the ATSB and destroyed it in under 4 years, knows better?
OMG. He has spent to much time with Albaswisscheese and Mrdak the magnificent.

Then you have the Skull. Director of Aviation Safety you say? The guy who refuses and dispells organisational factors and a host of other causal factors as being part of an accidents cause and he goes straight for the Pilots throat as the sole cause? WTF! This guy is living in the 80's still and has no concept of latent conditions, root cause and contributing factors. And he is the head honcho of Aviation Safety in Australia? What about his belief in Human Factors? You know John, looking at things holistically?

Then you have his Associate Director who doesn't even believe in the Just Culture methodology, yet a Just Culture is promulgated by his beloved ICAO and therefore passed down to the 'state' which he is part of. WTF?

These people have lost the plot. They are disconnected from the aviation mainstream. They have their noses buried in troughs and their fingers buried in spreadsheets. They are supported by an inept and equally out of touch Minister who is part of a Government that consists of dross.

Final note:
I have chosen to tone down my 'colourfulness' and desisted from posting any pictures in this posting, just for something different! Not sure if I like it, but I thought it would be interesting. Regardless, you cannot deny the facts that either a royal commision or a complete dismantling of the current aviation portfolio's is absolutely required.

Selah

Last edited by gobbledock; 26th Nov 2012 at 09:29.