PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2012, 05:02
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure I've seen this lucky young lady somewhere before! Let me think....

If it's the young lady I am thinking of, she was already a Virgin Australia employee and am sure she has served me my in flight beverage on a couple of occasions. - note added 9/7/13. It is not the girl I was thinking of as she served me a beverage on my virgin Australia flight a few weeks back and also this morning!!! I apologise sincerely for being mistaken.

Here's a quote from the news story
"It also give the trainees an opportunity that's not been out there.

"We want people to be able to become Virgin Australia pilots no matter what your socio-economic background is."
....even if you can already fly!!!

Seems a little digging for a bone has revealed that the person in the picture has already done a fast track pilot training course with Griffith University and I am informed was a previous cadet on the Jetstar Cadetship at Oxford Aviation in Moorabbin between feb and Nov 2011. Here was The Kelpie thinking this was a genuine ab-initio course. Hmmmm.

Nothing like keeping it in the family!!

It will be interesting to see if the success of these cadets is used to justify the use of ab initio cadet ships in Australia. Of course they will be a success the cadets can already fly!!

More to Follow

The Kelpie

Last edited by The Kelpie; 9th Jul 2013 at 09:57.