PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 25th Nov 2012, 20:09
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anthony - My name is Joel (my surname is Tobias!) - no offence taken. Just thought I should properly introduce myself. Thanks for yoiur kind words too. I have met Jeremy and he is 'notorious/infamous' and probably does fit into the slightly gung - ho category.

MD 600 - you're not entirely serious are you? You must accept that there are probably many capable PPL's out there who have the same experience as a CPL - or better. There are also many PPL's who could easily achieve the CPL but who chose not to because there is little benefit to them.

In fact, I have a very good friend who immediately went from PPL (H) to CPL (H) and he has less than 250 hours in total. My insurance don't care or take into consideration that he is a CPL because they simply looked at his overall flying experience, which they consider is not as sufficient as the other PPL's names on my policy.

In terms of the wealthy bit, are you generalising, being specific to Jeremy or just trying to provoke a reaction ? You can't be generalising !!!!

Joel