PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Millionaire helicopter pilots to ferry emergency services...
Old 25th Nov 2012, 18:04
Anthony Supplebottom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tobias, I'm still new here and only getting to know the members but i've read through enough of your posts to know that you come across as one of the more level-headed owners on this forum , although that shouldn't go to your head. I don't know if i can say the same about Paxton because I don't know him but my guess is that he may lean towards the gung-ho brigade and his fl/right with Shirley Bassey supports that.

As I said earlier, we are probably dealing with a frustrated pro-pilot (hence the gear) who knows he hasn't got the time to sign-up and join a HEMS unit or whatever and be a full-time professional so its like "why don't I just create something I can respond to and everyone can think its charity on my part!"

He may be god's gift to the piloting world but its about doing things properly and this approach as well intentioned as it might be doesn't come across as being top drawer.

Do the TA allow part-time pilots? Can't he go off and do that once a month and fly one of their gazelles or even offer his black heli to them!

Last edited by Anthony Supplebottom; 25th Nov 2012 at 18:06. Reason: typos