PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Schooling, is your child primary 1 Sep 2012?
Old 25th Nov 2012, 15:21
joblow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cost of raising children

Whilst I sympathize with those parents trying to find places for their children at schools in HK. As iron skillet stated, having children is a personal choice, placing the burden of educating those children on the taxpayers is a misnomer fostered by western governments . which is why HK schools are so expensive, the HK government feels no special need to make provision for the expat kids above local schools and this is a sensitive issue right now.So I do not expect a resolution to this problem any time soon
If you want to have children that is your right as it should be, but it is also then your responsibility to pay for their education medical etc. and should not be the burden on the general taxpayer who may not have or want children.
It is time to move away from the theory that it takes a village to raise a child and move to personal responsibility based system
If enough pilots leave CX because they cannot get their kids in school Cathay will soon enough address the problem but until that happens I'm afraid that it looks like you are all on your own .
Please don't bother flaming me I'm not looking for a fight and I do sympathize with your plight it's very frustrating but I also see iron skillets point of view