PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/CAA/CASA/ICAO conversion to FAA
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2012, 15:16
Rheuma-Kai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JAA ATPL -> FAA ATP

Hi all,
I hope you can provide me some some information converting my JAA ATPL into a FAA ATP cause I am getting pretty confused what to do what not.

I hold an german JAA ATLP 1600h 260h PIC C560 XL Rating

Out of the informaton provided in the net and pages other than pprune I figured out the following order.

1. Verification of Authenticity of Foreign License, Rating, and Medical Certification
The confrimation will be send to me home adress and the FSDO selected. ( I don’t really know which FSDO to select but I would select the one where I intend to make my FAA checkride nearby)
2. FAA Class 1 Medical
3. With veritication letter of die FAA, foreign license, FAA Medical take the ATP knowledge test either in Europe (FSI LFPB EGLF) or in the US e.g ALL ATPS 1 Day FAA written prep & exam. ( For the written in the US no TSA and Visa is needed right?)
4. Having passed the written with all documents ( veritiction, written result..) the practical ATP checkflight can be made either on twin or in my case on recurrent training at FSI
5. Taking all documents ( medical, written result, practical result, verification, passport...) I go to the FSDO selected and a stand alone FAA ATP will finally be issued with my type flown.
I would appriciate any comments if this ist he way to go for the FAA ATP based on a foreign ATPL or if not!
Thanks and happy landings!