PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2012, 12:30
Jinglie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Mrdak

Halfman.......quotes:

Senator FAWCETT: Chair, given the inquiry on Monday I do not actually have a huge number of questions, except to follow up something with Mr Mrdak. Last time we fspoke about closing the loop between ATSB recommendations and CASA following through with regulation as a consequential change within a certain time frame. The view was expressed that it was not necessarily a departmental role to have that closed loop system. I challenged that at the time. I just welcome any comment you may have three or four months down the track as to whether there has been any further thought within your department as to how we make sure we have a closed loop system for recommendations that come out of the ATSB.

Mr Mrdak : It is something we are doing further work on in response to your concerns. We recognise that we do need to ensure the integrity of the investigatory response and then the regulatory response. So it is something we are looking at closely. I and the other chief executives in the portfolio will do some further work on that area.

Senator FAWCETT: Do you have a time frame on when you might be able to report back to the committee?

Mr Mrdak : Not as yet. I will come back to you on notice with some more detail.
Mrdak says it is something they are doing further on, yet he has no timeframe! How about this - "Senator you caught me with my pants down, but we'll look into it"! Classic bureaucratic response!

Well done MrDak! Dig the Skull and Beaker out of this hole!

Last edited by Jinglie; 25th Nov 2012 at 12:32.