PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2012, 12:01
Jinglie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATSB Mmmmmm

Spot on SARCS, why the hell was this not consulted or advised? Then again, how well would Beaker do confronting the industry! Lots of big eyes, staring at the ceiling, and hand movements, both horizontal and vertical! Put paddles in his hands and he could do ramp parking guidance!

Then again, you could only imagine What troubles me is that if the ATSB hadn't had this change in ideology (that dates back 4 years) which limits the 'scope' of their investigations and inhibits the issueing of SRs this 'discrepancy' may well have been captured three years earlier and there now may have been action to address this safety issue!
The question that has to be asked is why have the ATSB if they are no longer an independent 'safety' watchdog!
When did the ATSB decide to focus on specific parts of accidents? That in itself doesn't match with the TSI Act or Annex 13!

I hear the 3 Amigo's (Q, A & D) have more coming that is capital B.A.D. Bring it on. Also, more pawns ready to "chat" to the Senate about malfeasance.

Simply put, in an accident like this, how can:

ATC
Weather forecasting
Comms
Crash Survivability
ORG issues
Regulatory issues
CRM
Fatigue Risk Management
Aircraft performance

not be adequately covered in the ATSB analysis? Maybe someone in CASA can answer that.

How many jets have ditched, at night, in open water, in zero visibility? Getting the recorders should have been a priority. Then there'd be no assumptions about fuel. My money is on the Davies submission. Beaker and his minions have a clue.

I hear Karen Casey (the flight nurse) is in a bad way, without a cent from PEL-AIR yet!

APPALLING!