PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Pilot Sacked
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2012, 10:54
Jack Ranga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seeing as we are talking about DAMP. I was recently randomly 'selected' to be tested. I was on a morning shift, 6am start, I knew from about 8am that I was to be tested. The test didn't occur until about 1pm (as far as I know it was one bloke doing the testing).

Now if you cutting it a bit fine i.e. having a few beers the night before, you would be more than likely to test positive @ 6am with it wearing off 8,9,10am?

I fully support random drug and alcohol testing, FULLY support it. But if you are going to do it properly, you tap someone on the shoulder and say 'here, breath into this' not give them the opportunity to ingest something as a cover. 'I just cleaned my teeth' 'I just had a poppy seed muffin' which I have seen for sale at our canteen.

Drug takers and alcoholics are sneaky little ****ers. Following a privacy rights regime and under resourcing are easy to beat. A lot of the time people that are caught are the ones that 'want to be caught'

DAMP as it stands is a crock of ****, a box ticking exercise.
Fatigue management is a crock of **** as it stands and is a box ticking exercise.
ASIC's and ASIC controlled aerodromes are a crock of ****, a box ticking exercise and incredibly easy to bypass.

Horrendously expensive and incredibly ineffective. Somebody's making a fortune out of it and the public is feeling all warm and gooey.