PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2012, 06:11
ninethreekilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been reading the thread and researched this a bit, between Dave's Botswana bound and avcanada posts to cell phones to rentals/realestate.

Currently I'm FAA CPL land and sea, instrument and a flight instructor, and a emergency medical technician... if that helps lol

About 2200 TT
2050 PIC
500 Caravan, 300 U206/207
Most of the rest tailwheel.

I cant make it over this season as my current caravan job will have me for a little over a year (so looking like next season for sure!). By that time I'm pacing to be at 3500 or so TT, 1200 Caravan and I'll get off my lazy arse and get my ATP.

The deal is, I dont have any desire for the airlines, just interviewing places where I can do some rewarding flying, learn, enjoy life and call home for more then 1.5 yrs, Africa has a... well a real draw for me!

Problem is,

1 I'm not sure where I should go, Maun appeals to me, however I would like to be on the coast, a friendly culture would be good too.

2 Not sure how I should market myself, I realize many folks just want to time build and get on to the airlines, is there a fixed ceiling, or could a expat grow to be a chief pilot or something more if they put in the time?

3 My van hours are a little goofy, shes a Garrett, not sure if that would be a issue.

THANKS