PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why heavier aircrafts take longer to slow down in the air?
Old 25th Nov 2012, 03:14
Sunamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Already have one engineering degree, and working toward computer science master's degree.

all this thread is .....mm....weird! I initially (silly me) thought that there is only momentum envolved. Then, ok, if you need to account for different attitude (=different AoA + different profile, obviously) for different weights you can do it too. But after you calculate initial momentum which doesn't change (I don't consider burning fuel here, since that wasn't the initial question and there is no point in making task over-complicated) it shouldn't be too hard to account for different AoA + profile drag too. induced drag will be almost the same, I assume.

I think the thread needs to be closed since there is no point, I am afraid, to continued!
One side tries to stick to physics, others try to develop their own...ehmm...understanding which is a bit strange to me!

All sloppiness that are presented here can't be a sign of good knowledge in physics in any way.
Everything that was said here about legal claims whatever it might be, simply beyond anything logical...don't want to comment on that.

Last edited by Sunamer; 25th Nov 2012 at 03:19.