PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WOULD YOU JOIN UP NOW
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2012, 21:38
Bob Viking

Received 554 Likes on 152 Posts
WOULD YOU JOIN UP NOW

BEagle.
As I said. Times change. With all due respect, maybe you should let those that are currently serving make those decisions for themselves. I've been in for over 13 years so far and my bucket is just fine. For now.
Others buckets may be entirely different but I'll let them fight their own battles.
I'm not saying life is perfect but then when has it ever been? Was it really so different twenty or thirty years ago? Was everybody completely happy?
There are many things I would like to change. Some crap things have happened in my time. I used to be based at Coltishall so I know all about the good life. Sadly we just have to accept the changes and move on or we spend our lives being miserable. Or we leave.
I think the bottom line is that everyone in the UK has had to have a bite of the same **** sandwich and life is not perfect anywhere right now.
The forces still offer a good life for those that like that sort of thing. It probably always will. It just won't be the life it was in 19...(insert year here)!
BV