PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I WANT TO BE A PILOT? (PLEASE READ) HELP?!!?
Old 24th Nov 2012, 20:52
predzsingh15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I WANT TO BE A PILOT? (PLEASE READ) HELP?!!?

Hi Guys,
Basically I am 15 years old and i live in England.
I have had lessons at WLAC (WEST LONDON AERO CLUB) in Maidenhead
(White Waltham)
I have received my log book and a
"PA28-TAE125 WARRIOR II/CADET CHECK LIST"
In my logbook under "HOLDERS OPERATING CAPACITY" IT SAYS 'PUT' on all 3 of my lessons I've had so far.
For my FIRST lesson under "single engine(SE)" (in the logbook) and below that there are 2 sides to write in. One is 'in command' and the other 'Dual or p2'.
'In command' (for my 1st lesson) is empty and 'Dual p2' says 0.6 and on the remarks it says 'Trial lesson'.
Now for my 2nd flight it was 60 minutes aswell, and under 'Dual or p2' it says 1.0 and remarks are- 'ex4, 6.1'.
For the last flight I had (3rd one) under 'Dual or p2' it says 0.8 and under remarks it says 'Ex 7/8 p1 only 0.8 needs more practice'.
NOW I DO NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT THIS IS AND WHETHER THIS MEANS ANYTHING TO YOU.

I am very confused in how to become a pilot, exactly how many hours are required, tests,etc? (BASICALLY EVERYTHING)

I would like to become a commercial pilot and i dont know what to do in order to become a pilot (how many gcses, do I need, what grade, which a levels to do and what grade, which degree to do at university etc)
I was on the WLAC website and i came accross these packages please take a look at these Jar-ppl packages and explain to me what it is? what it includes? what will i benefit? how much work do i need to put in?

which one do I need:

THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE TO OFFER:-
PPL Packages

45 hours JAR PPL dual instruction in an Piper Warrior PA28 – 161 AVGAS including all written exams and WLAC PPL Student workbook - £8126
45 hours JAR PPL dual instruction in a Piper Warrior PA28 – TAE125 Diesel including all written exams and WLAC PPL Student workbook - £7847
32 hours National PPL dual instruction in a Piper Warrior PA28 – 161 AVGAS including all written exams and WLAC PPL Student workbook- £5893
32 hours National PPL dual instruction in a Piper Warrior PA28 – TAE125 Diesel including all written exams and WLAC PPL Student workbook- £5637

BECAUSE THIS IS QUITE CHEAP 8K AND PEOPLE SAY YOU NEED ABOUT 80K I AM VERY CONFUSED DO YOU NEED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL AFTER THIS (SAY IF I WENT FOR ONE OF THESE COURSES?)
PLEASE GUIDE ME AS I CANT GET TO SLEEP THINKING ABOUT THIS
ALSO WILL I GET MY PPL IF I GET ONE OF THESE COURSES?

Thanks in advance