PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 5
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 5
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2012, 20:35
ATPLwhoops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know first hand and other people that despite the fact that a BA flight from LGW was cheaper than Emirates from BHX....they paid in excess of 300GBP each per passenger just to get a flight from BHX as it was more convenient. Who wants to drive to London to go long haul. There is much more to the UK than just London.

"Its all about economics and business" it normal that BA/VS are negative towards BHX and it is normal that BHX management are negative towards development in the London area.

BHX's catchment area is good and with the runway extension well away it will only be a matter of time that BHX can really show its potential. The last laugh will be on BHX management when the likes of BA / VS miss out to other carrier's.

I still have not got over the fact that BA ditched all their regional bases its disgusting. No other airline in Europe has done this. Legacy airlines in Europe have a presence in many cities around a particular country. Germany is a good example of how Lufthansa use multiple hubs.

Having a rant now....on a side note, I used BHX recently and the parking policy is just horrendous. It's daylight robbery.