PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2012, 18:40
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that Stansted, as an airport, is by far the best in the UK let alone London. I think it is a fantastically modern, spacious and just a pure breeze to travel through and I know many will disagree with me. God knows how!

I simply just desire what's best for Stansted even though I live 100 miles from it! It stuns me when some say that people just prefer flying from Gatwick and Luton. They show very little expertise in aviation because as you say 18 million people flew from there in 2011 and that's only down from 24 million in 2007 since BAA have just done simply an appaling job at managing the place since the start of the economic downturn.

It's about time that Stansted fights back as a competitive airport and the investment of improved rail services, or even better, Crossrail were connected to the airport for it to have some major advantage over Gatwick, ultimately leading to further competition, particularly with the airlines that are not low cost carriers. And that may also lead to a greater variety in the type of services Stansted offers! For example, in the longer run you may get carriers like United Airlines or the return of PIA or American Airlines thinking "hang on, we could offer a lower-cost option for travel to/from London than Heathrow whilst travel times to the capital are still competitive".

Last edited by FRatSTN; 24th Nov 2012 at 18:43.