PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Laws for ambulance missions
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2012, 08:47
transilvana

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks

Every country has different rules and exceptions to apply for medical flights, you should check yours. Normally, for medical evacuations, a doctor must be on board, company will sign a release of responsability form and flight will take place.

FTL will also be different, normally you get an exception approval letter from your CAA.

From my experience you never know what is going to happen on board unless there is a critical pax, with that you choose the best suitable airports on route that may have good emergency services nearby. In a couple of ocasions many years ago I had to divert and land, once pax was saved, on the other nothing could be done.

Also watch out for dead/alive repratiation pax. I mean when they try to scam you a dead pax that is supposesly alive because insurance covers alive repratiation but not dead one. Iīve had this once and a couple of colleagues had it too, and by the way, always Brits (sorry my beloved brits but itīs statistics 100%). Those are really good stories I can tell you for a beer,