PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2012, 06:51
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearly not a friendly Apple Mac user.
Oh you are much mistaken my friend.

Ask anyone round these' parts about my stance on Apple and they'll tell you, I'm a bit of an Apple supporter (for all the right reasons, not just a fanboi). My first wholly owned Mac was the SE/30 and I've always used Macs at home ever since (my current work desktop is also a Mac, as is my work laptop). They are great pieces of kit, well worth the investment.

I guess my post above could look a little harsh and too the point, but the fact is I've been heavily involved in the IT industry for many years now, and I can spot the difference between a manufacturer that's "lost it" or spouting bull .... and a manufacturer with a healthy future that is making reliable, high-quality equipment.

I also found it somewhat depressing that you would forgo your purchase of an excellent piece of equipment that is an Apple iMac just because it had no internal DVD drive.

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing "happening with Apple" as you put it. Yes the IOS Maps issue was an embarrassing hiccup ..... but other than that, I remain confident in their future and their decision about DVD drives in iMacs.

Last edited by mixture; 24th Nov 2012 at 06:57.