PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 24th Nov 2012, 03:39
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff

Yes I am. Nolo contendere.

I suspect we are in heated agreement about "most" issues.

And yes your ultimate question does indeed REQUIRE an answer.

What is the number of Inquiries do you think we might need to get it, I think we might be up to total around six or so. I really hope the answer is not 42.

I do not, despite the earnest and sincere efforts here and the Senate, expect much will really change. There are too many competing events the most recent about union slush funds might in fact bring down the Government, if it doesn't, there are still too many more interesting circus events to entertain the proletariat.

It will take a high capacity smoking hole to get the necessary attention and will. You can then expect in the usual knee jerk overreaction for aviation in all it's form to be proscribed. but I digress.

The CASA ATPL syllabus and examination contains all of the relevant legislation, practices, air leg, flight planning techniques and requirement, PNR, CP, CPDP and so on to enable a pilot who has a CPL with a minimum of 2000 hours flight experience and a Command Instrument Rating to exercise the privileges of operating a transport category aircraft with a MTOW => 5700kg.

The license does NOT proscribe its use other than under the ambit of a COM neither are the flight planning and weather resources forecast and actual denied him.

So we are not here discussing someone proverbially "wet behind the ears". Then there is the type rating.

The pilot simply by the holding of his license and a rating is supposed to be capable of conducting a flight legally and safely.

I would be interested in your view of what exactly the addition of the "carriage of passengers" regulatory matter of which we speak could, would or should have, relieved the pilot of his responsibilities in regard to exercising the privileges of this license using the knowledge imparted in order to obtain it.

Edited to add,
Ockham's razor is much used and abused here.
I am more of the view that Alexander the Greats' solution to dealing with the Gordian Knot is a superior method.

Last edited by gaunty; 24th Nov 2012 at 03:43.