PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2012, 02:32
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff

Gets my vote. last para absolutely spot on.

For PPRuners to be taken seriously though, they really do need to clean up their act to be relevant

It is possible to be acerbic without being scatological and vindictive otherwise the discussion descends into the mob mentality, refer Monty Python stoning sketch.

Let's face it a disinterested viewer of these halls would call for the men in white coats. An interested viewer would have their prejudices reinforced as a bunch of bitter malcontents.

In days past here as a mod I recall the phrase that went something like "you catch more bees with honey than vinegar".

So I guess the circus clowns around here will now require a resume of flight hours and ratings to rate the relevant efficacy of your comments and the relative sizr of your penis. Rational reasoned and calm debate has by their view nothing to do with it..

Might I suggest we close this thread and start another focused on the future rather than and endless rehashing of the past. It IMHO should be moderated on the basis of deleting all gratuitous insults or personalization.

I had the privilege of modding during the same events over the same process we see here, it's Groundhog day, as well as the bitter 89 debates, the Ansett failure, Seaview, Monarch, Whyalla and so on.

Coming back here after a break of 5 years I am shocked that we are having the same discussion about CASA and dismayed, and can understand why, the viciousness of the posting.

PPRune then did have some real impact. From what I am seeing here I'm not sure it would now.

Last edited by gaunty; 24th Nov 2012 at 02:34.