PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 21:50
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DD Boeing man

I can quite understand how pilots who have thousands of hours find this kind of testing insulting but I am far more interested it putting the sort of rubbish to bed on scientific grounds.

The professor of educational psychology has studied the pilot recruting industry and has found no way of measuring airmanship using psychometric tests, as this is the most important tool in the pilots toolbox it would seem the only way to get some sort of judgment it to put it in front of two or more experienced pilots, if my old fleet manager would have had his way he would have done this interview in the pub as it would be the best way to get the candidate at his ease............ But I don't think my liver would stand a large recruitment program conducted in such a way !

The last interview that I attended the two guys doing the interview looked like I had interrupted a game of golf, the interview was however searching, I got the job and the training was very deep, the airline has first class CRM and one of the most open flight saftey cultures that I have ever seen and is one of the most enjoyable places I have worked.

All the best and safest airlines I have worked for have been devoid of the HR department getting over involved in pilot recruitment, fortunately I have never been involved with the Arline's that get the most criticism on these forums but coincidently those are the airlines that seem to have let the HR luminarys take over the role of recruting pilots.

With regard to Jet2 all I can say is Philip you are getting ripped off by a bunch of HR parasites and you should go back to trusting your pilot management.

Last edited by A and C; 23rd Nov 2012 at 22:00.