PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thames Airport for London
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 20:36
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "There is no such code as (THA)...Making an imaginary code won't make a pie in the sky airport any the more realistic."

Quite right Ernest! So think WHE (white elephant) is more suitable.

Quote: "Who is going to close all the London Airports?..Boris?..He has no veto, so he is out of the equation."

Indeed, the airports of the southeast cannot "be closed", without their owners' consent. This fact by itself makes the Thames airport unviable.

Quote: "The government has all but said LHR (a proper code) will be expanded, just the Liberals temporarily holding them back."

Regretably, Call-Me-Dave won't face the Libdems down. A shame as it would interesting to see Clegg wriggle out of that one in his desperation to keep his snout in the trough.

Quote: "There is no airport going to be built in/on a river, for a start it would be to expensive, another reason, it would not attract investers who would never see a return for their money."

Exactly, airlines and pax won't use it either. If they can't use LHR, they'll be off to AMS, CDG and FRA, etc., as will the inward investment, tourism, business and trade.

Ernest, you made me fall off my seat ..... a rare bit of practical common sense in a thread of fantasy!

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 23rd Nov 2012 at 20:39.