PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dissapointed with CFI
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 20:00
B2N2

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
I've seen a bunch of stuff on this thread that makes me cringe.
Yeah, no kidding, like this little gem:
first off, presently 737 captain for a major US airline...but many years ago I was a CFIIMEI and taught lots of people to fly.

Have you even read a book on flight instruction lately?
Like FOI?
Building block of flight instruction?Step-by-step?
Not the drop-em-off-the-deep-end-see-if-they-are-made-of-the-real-stuff method of flight instruction.
I'm surprised you didn't mention spins on a first lesson or did you cover that in the introduction flight already?

When I was teaching...the very first lesson the student did everything...taxied, tookoff, climbed, straight and level, turns, descent and landing...certainly I was closely supervising and talking the student through everything...even working the radio , though that would be the last thing. The only reason I wouldn't do all of the above is if the weather changed and things got particularly difficult (eg: increase in cross wind).
Sure terrified and overloaded....
Students need to understand what they are doing not simply being told and following orders.

I would report him to your ''academy'' right away...you can even take my comments here with you.
OMG are you kidding mr 737 Captain? That is really your advise, seriously?
Your way is the only way I'm sure. What a joke.
You absolutely have no idea what syllabus was used, what the school rules/ops are, what the CFI was supposed to do vs what he did.
You're talking about a 16 year old being taught his first lesson instead of being the ace he thaught he was.

Last edited by B2N2; 23rd Nov 2012 at 20:04.