PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JeppFD V2.0
Thread: JeppFD V2.0
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2012, 19:10
Slopwith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JeppFD V2.0

Am I the only one who is not impressed with the latest version of Jepp FD?

I recently updated to version 2 and have to say I do not like it. There are some new features like drawing a taxi route or writing a note on the screen and they have added a night function but personnaly never had a problem with the previous or normal daytime mode on dim but the biggest gripe is they have got rid of the starred favourites and all the charts along the bottom al la JeppTC.
Previously a favourite airport was kept along with the favourite charts (what you did last time?!). Now there are groups for REF,STR, APP, TXI and SID. Selecting one of the groups brings up all plates in the group but now if I just select one to have a look, it has effectively made it a favourite (now called selected). If it was not the one I wanted I have to delete it from the selected group which is a subset. If you hit the new flight, all your favourites-airports, plates are gone.
If I have an arrival or a departure that also has a transition, I can no longer just flick from one to the next and on to approach and taxi. I have to select each of the groups in turn and then the next plate in the subgroup. The great thing about JeppFD V1 was as soon as you landed, having set your favourites in the order you wanted you could scroll along the bottom or just flick to the next chart which for me was the taxi chart.

Would love to be able to roll back. Emailed Jepp and they said it was requested. This is certainly not as friendly for airline ops-take LFPG for instance-a Star with an additional p[ate for transition, have both ILS's ready just in case, then 10-9 then taxi north and south then parking. Before I could have had them all in order and just flicked from one to the next or quickly scrolled along the bottom of my eight favourites but now I wil have to select the group and then the selected eg after landing select TXI then 10-9 then for moe detail slext TXI then 10-9c after landing on 27R then back to TXI to select 10-9b then select TXI to select 10-9g for parking at T2. All that instead of flicking to the next.
This is not a step forward. Also the whole thing has become incredibly slow and very dificult to enter the route as runing so slowly with a keyboard press taking several seconds to register. Any one else haveing the same issues?